Thursday, February 18, 2016

Hurricanes and Politics

I don't know if major hurricanes have disrupted national politics before. I can only watch what is happening now and wonder if we really are going to have to watch two PR teams duel on behalf of the candidates. Already the "Donation Wars" have begun. The RNC launching from the platform of their convention, asking delegates and the nation to text donations (don't ask grandfather, it's something new) to the Red Cross. Obama doing much the same via text messages to supporters and his website. I know why the PR machines are telling me this is the right thing to do... I mean I get the giving part. I'm just not sure that suspending the convention and campaign activities makes any sense.

We as a nation are in the last 10 weeks of what feels like the most important presidential decision in my lifetime. I have compassion for my fellow Americans as they suffer through the hurricanes. But, life goes on. Am I to believe that both candidates are incapable of multi-tasking? Really what are the campaigns doing during this time? Posturing. Are we going to postpone the election if this fertile hurricane season continues? I don't think so. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear your thoughts, comment or suggestions. If you prefer to be Anonymous - I may choose not to share your comment on my site. Namaste.