Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Signpost

I never thought that divorce would feel like a destination, something to be achieved. After eight or nine long years its finally done. The judge signed the papers.

I wish my former spouse a happy life. Her adventures are well begun as she follows her heart working in Europe. We raised a beautiful daughter who is off on her own married and thriving. We had beautiful homes. We had many good times. We grew and learned to honor our own truths. We struggled to reconcile our lives with who we were as individuals. We weren't right together.
Bon Voyage.

How do I feel reaching this point, this destination? Empty, the crying is done. Moving on has long since started. Kind of like getting older. It's just a date, a marker, a point in time that while legally meaningful is personally meaningless. Life goes on. Possibilities infinite.

Namaste.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear your thoughts, comment or suggestions. If you prefer to be Anonymous - I may choose not to share your comment on my site. Namaste.