The constant noise from FOX News trying to connect the outbreak of Swine Flu to "illegal immigration" is shameful and racist.
Sometimes I wonder who watches this channel. Then I remember, I have friends who are demonstrably bright, learned and great parents; yet, they watch FOX News. I watch for brief moments now and again, but in a concentrated effort to keep my television from being destroyed, I've learned to change the channel, rather than throw the remote at the screen.
The FOX News mission to promote hate and fear by linking Swine Flu to "illegal immigration", is reprehensible; yet overshadowed by the constant pounding of the "water boarding is not torture" drum. Saying something loudly, over and over is a time honored tactic of all bullies.
I guess in this age of multiple media, we all get to choose what and how we want our news. I encourage you to choose to listen to multiple sources. Yes I know that the cable channels seem to have points of view. MSNBC and CNN try to present the story and find the truth. FOX News will lie to you if the truth doesn't jive with whatever editorial position they've been asked to take.
Perhaps one of these days, reason, integrity and a desire to practice journalism ethically will return to FOX News. In the meantime, please watch in small doses with a strong antidote at hand.
0 comments:
Post a Comment
I would love to hear your thoughts, comment or suggestions. If you prefer to be Anonymous - I may choose not to share your comment on my site. Namaste.