Such a simple word. Almost ubiquitous in use. So precious, when you know what it means to never have the chance to say it to one you love.
My father died in an accident when I was young. No chance to say goodbye. I learned to say goodbye to friends and family with intent, with meaning. To never again regret not having taken the chance to acknowledge our parting and to tell them they are loved.
My grandmother died a year ago at the age of 95. My goodbyes to her for a few years prior, had been earnest, compelled by a feeling that she would be leaving soon.
The finality of a goodbye is temporal. Readily broken with a sweet Hello.
0 comments:
Post a Comment
I would love to hear your thoughts, comment or suggestions. If you prefer to be Anonymous - I may choose not to share your comment on my site. Namaste.